Our Rapid OxyContin® Detox Procedure
We can help you break free from your OxyContin® dependency in as little as four days. We have many clients who’ve generously provided testimonials for you to view and see for yourself. We’ve helped them all. We can help you too once you’re ready. Once you’ve make up your mind that you’re finally ready to quit.
Your entire OxyContin® detoxification procedure takes place inside of our state of the art private treatment center while you’re under monitored IV Sedation. Recovery occurs in a private room complete with a private bathroom and shower. Each patient is kept sedated while their body goes through the withdrawal from the opiate, sparing them the worst of the psychical and psychological sensations. All of the drugs are flushed out of their body during this process. There’s no better, painless way to withdraw from OxyContin® than under the expert medical care of our doctors and medical team at Advanced Rapid Detox.
Our Rapid OxyContin® Detox Treatment Process is as follows:
- (Day 1) — Patient completes all intake paperwork, lab work, physical exam, social worker, and case planning meeting with the doctor. Next, the patient is taken to their private room which includes a private bathroom, flat screen TV, and WIFI. All meals are included. During this time the patient keeps their cell phone. Smoking and vaping are not allowed in or around the facility. We suggest patients wear a nicotine patch. We do not want the patient in withdrawals, so they are encouraged to continue their medication until midnight.
- (Day 2) — Patient is taken to the ICU where they will remain for approximately 24 hours after the sedation detox procedure. During the sedation the doctor uses medication that reverse the opiates off the receptors. The patient remains under the care of Award Winning, Board-Certified Anesthesiologist, Dr. Julia Aharonov, and receives IV Sedation in a private treatment room to sleep through their withdrawals while closely monitored.
- After the opiate reversal, the patient receives an FDA Approved Vivitrol® injection. Vivitrol® is a brand name for Naltrexone, which blocks the effects of opioids and eliminates cravings. It should be noted that Vivitrol® eliminates the opiate cravings for 28 days, is not addictive and can be given immediately after this procedure—avoiding the usual 7-14 day period if a patient were to detox themselves.
- (Day 3) — Patient comes back to their private room (with 24-hour medical care), to rest and recuperate for the day. If they experience any post-acute withdrawals, they are given transitionary, non-addictive medications. The patient also receives those same medications to take home. If approved by the doctor (at an additional cost), patients can request to have an IV Ketamine infusion.
- (Day 4) — After meeting with Dr. Aharonov, patients are free to go home and eligible for our detox-related aftercare program. With Advanced Rapid Detox, you truly have the best care as you restart your life.
What is OxyContin®?
Also sold under the brand name of Percocet®, OxyContin® is actually the opioid-based painkiller oxycodone. OxyContin® is one of the most commonly-prescribed painkillers in the United States. One of the effects of using OxyContin® is that the human body builds up a natural tolerance towards it, meaning that the pain-killing abilities of this opiate decrease over time.
- Oxycodone is an opiate agonist that is the active ingredient in OxyContin®, Percocet®, and Percodan®
- OxyContin® is an extended-release concentrated version of oxycodone, lasting as long as twelve (12) hours.
As a pain-killer, OxyContin® is moderately powerful – around one-and-a-half times as powerful as Morphine. It is – initially at least – effective at dealing with moderate to severe levels of pain. Oxycodone is derived from the opium poppy – from an alkaloid called thebaine which has natural pain-killing and other properties. On some occasions oxycodone is combined with another chemical that is known as naloxone. The purpose of naloxone is to make the oxycodone element of the medication less addictive without curtailing its pain-killing abilities.
OxyContin® is effective in managing pain, but its use comes with a number of undesirable side effects. These side effects include but are not limited to the following:
- Itchy skin
- Dry Mouth
- Excessive tiredness
It is important that doses of OxyContin® are effectively controlled. Misuse of OxyContin® can cause all types of issues, including the reduction in a person’s breathing and a lowering of their heart rate. Severe cases of overdosing can result in the complete failure of the respiratory system which is typically fatal.
Is not recommended that a patient remains on OxyContin® for an extended period of time. People who extend their usage of OxyContin® more than is necessary because they cannot face the withdrawal process report feelings of depression and anxiety, as well as a lack of desire for food, sensations of lethargy and depleted sex drives.
Understanding Your Dependency
Once a person feels that they no longer need to use OxyContin® for pain relief, they will naturally want to stop taking it. However, it is usually very difficult for someone to stop using OxyContin® because of the unfortunate physical and psychological side effects that withdrawal causes. Many people become trapped in a ‘cycle of dependency’ – i.e. they end up continuing to take OxyContin® not because they need to, but because they feel they cannot function normally without it.
When introduced into the human body, OxyContin® swiftly has two effects. First, it deadens excessive sensations of pain. Secondly, it causes sensations of euphoria. People also say they experience a number of other pleasurable sensations, including tranquility, better quality sleep and a sensation akin to ‘being at peace’.
Some report that they feel ‘addicted’ to sleep – they tend to want to go to bed earlier than normal, and they find it hard to get up in the morning. They also feel irritated and fatigued if they do not get as much sleep as they want.
On balance, people tend to feel they would be much better off without the constant need for OxyContin®, once they have dealt with the pain that OxyContin® was meant to assuage. However, the withdrawal symptoms associated with the drug are well-documented, and people are fearful of experiencing such debilitating conditions. The most common side effects experienced are nausea, diarrhea, cold-like symptoms, muscular pains, tiredness, sweating and an increased heart-rate. Once these physical symptoms have been dealt with, people also report feeling depressed or anxious.
These symptoms can last up to four days following the end of use of OxyContin®, although psychological events such as depression and anxiety can last much longer. Because of the terrible nature of dealing with these symptoms, many people feel they have no choice but to recommence their use of OxyContin®. This can lead to further psychological conditions as people feel disappointed in themselves in that they have failed to manage to quit their dependency.
Most people are left to their own devices when it comes to halting their dependency on OxyContin®, or they only have the help given to them by a few close friends. Successful withdrawal from OxyContin® dependency is more likely to be achieved if undertaken with the help of medical experts who specialize in OxyContin® detoxification.
Now for some Good News!
There is a safe way that you can get your life back from the day-to-day burden of addiction or dependence on opiates. Most patients say we saved their lives. We save lives through our advanced rapid opiate detoxification procedure. Our experienced medical professionals are available to give you all the help you need to get your life back on track. Now it’s up to you. We’re here to listen, help, and answer your questions.
Our Long-Term Detox Related Aftercare through your treating physician is one of the advantages of choosing Advanced Rapid Detox. Our board-certified doctors are available to answer any of your questions. Upon discharge, our Vivitrol® coordinator will supply you with a list of providers in your area to obtain the injection every 28 days. Vivitrol® blocks all opiates to the brain’s receptors. The Vivitrol® injections are a critical component to help ensure your sobriety. One of our patients recently said that Vivitrol® was like his “life insurance policy.” We agree. It’s that important.
We Applaud Your Courage. You can Do This!
If you are ready to get your life back and want to begin detoxing from OxyContin®, there is no better time to start. Make the call now. We’re here to help you. We have many past patients who are willing to share their experiences with our rapid opiate detox treatment. If you would like to speak with a past patient, please let us know. You’re not alone. You can do this. Be sure to check out the OxyContin® detox testimonials to read what other patients have to say. We’re only a phone call away.
Take the First Positive Step in Breaking Your OxyContin® Dependency – Contact Us Now!
Are you TIRED of your addiction to OxyContin® – Just want your life back?
Ask if our Rapid OxyContin® Detox under Sedation procedure is right for You
Don’t switch your addiction to Suboxone® or Methadone