About Dr. Julia Aharonov
Dr. Aharonov has practiced extensively in both hospital and outpatient facilities and has vast experience in all aspects of general, trauma, orthopedic, thoracic, vascular, obstetric, ocular, plastic, regional, and outpatient anesthesia.
Dr. Aharonov has been involved in addiction medicine, particularly rapid detox under sedation, since 2007. She has investigated, perfected and created rapid detox protocols unique to Advanced Rapid Detox.
She serves as an expert on the Substance Addiction forum on MedHelp.org and blogs extensively about her advice and experiences.
Education & Training:
- University of Michigan — Anesthesia Residency
- St Joseph's Hospital & Medical Center — Anesthesia Residency
- Union Hospital - (Now Overlook Medical Center) — Internship
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine (Now Rowan University SOM) — Doctorate in Medicine
- Drew University — Cum Laude degree with Honors in Psychology
Certifications & Licensure:
Awards, Honors, & Recognition:
- Hour Detroit Magazine — Top Doc Addiction Medicine (2010-2018)
- American Osteopathic Association — AOA Member
- American Society of Anesthesiologists — ASA Member
- Michigan Society of Anesthesiologists — MSA Member
Saving Lives – One life at a time.
Concerns have been raised over how President Donald Trump's latest government shutdown is affecting the current opiate crisis, with conflicting…
While most people acknowledge the existence of an opioid crisis in the United States, few seem to be aware of…